What Causes Low Sperm Count and How is it Treated
Low sperm count, also known as oligospermia, is a condition in which a man has a lower than normal number of sperm in his semen. Normal sperm count is typically defined as at least 15 million sperm per milliliter of semen. A sperm count lower than this can affect fertility and the ability to conceive a child.
What are the symptoms of low sperm count?
Symptoms of low sperm count may include:
- Difficulty getting an erection
- Pain during ejaculation
- Decreased sex drive
What causes low sperm count?
There are several potential causes of low sperm count, including:
- Hormonal imbalances: Hormonal imbalances, such as low testosterone levels, can affect sperm production.
- Medical conditions: Certain medical conditions, such as undescended testicles and varicoceles, can affect sperm production.
- Lifestyle factors: Lifestyle factors, such as smoking, alcohol consumption, and drug use, can affect sperm production and quality.
- Age: As men get older, their sperm count may decrease.
If you are experiencing symptoms of low sperm count or are having difficulty conceiving a child, it’s important to speak with a healthcare professional. They can help diagnose the underlying cause and recommend appropriate treatment options.
What effects does low sperm count have?
The effects of low sperm count can vary, but may include difficulty conceiving a child and decreased fertility. If you are concerned about low sperm count and its effects on your fertility, we recommend booking an appointment with Dr. Imran Khan, the best sexologist in India. He can help you understand the underlying causes of your low sperm count and recommend the best course of treatment to improve your fertility and increase your chances of conceiving a child.
Don’t let low sperm count impact your fertility and ability to start a family. Book an appointment with Dr. Imran Khan today and take the first step towards improving your reproductive health.